Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things.
I have been tagged by Liz. I usually skip participating in such things, but I like this topic. It is always good to remember blessings and give thanks.
1. Jon is working from home - this is so good for our family. The flexibility of his home hours are good for me and the boys and all our relationships to each other.
2. Learning to save on groceries - to be conscious of what I buy and when I buy it, planning ahead to save money that can be used somewhere else, especially in order to bless others.
3. Communication - being able to relate to others such that everyone involved is understood. I am learning to bring up small issues before they explode in me. Noah is learning to express his needs politely. This is rather a struggle right now, but I put it on the list because when he does sign please with his winning smile, we are all so happy.
4. Child faith - "Let the little children come to me," Jesus said. After Mr.Weaver's introduction to communion this Sunday, Jonathan leaned over to me and with joy in his eyes said, "I believe!" I told him that I was glad, but that he would need to wait to take communion, at least until we could talk with Daddy and also until he is baptized. One of the challenges of raising children in a Christian home is understanding the process of growth and learning, in faith as well as everything else. I have no doubt that as far as he understands, Jonathan believes, and always has since his first confession of faith. I still must plant and water and train. But there is fruit to be seen in his life recently. He has been much more cheerfully obeying and asking nicely the first time. His favorite books to be read are the Bible storybooks and his favorite CD is the scripture memory songs. He loves to sing made up hymns that include words from real hymns, scripture, and his own praises of God.
5. Crisp, sunny fall air - this is one of the reasons fall is my favorite season. It's refreshing and invigorating.